You can find below our comprehensive selection of gift themes that are linked with the 14th wedding anniversary in America. You can choose from any of the themes, colors or items, with no need to stick to any set rules. You have complete freedom to mix and match, and put together a perfect present tailored to the recipient.
Traditional Gift Theme: Ivory*
* Historically, ivory has been the traditional 14th anniversary gift theme, but the endangerment of elephant populations has led to this being an unethical choice. As such, many people consider elephant-themed gifts (not based on ivory) as a more appropriate traditional gift.
Symbolically, the elephant encompasses the qualities of strength, stability, honor, patience, reliability and dignity. In the Hindu way of thinking, an elephant is considered the god of luck, protection and fortune, and a blessing on new projects and endeavors. In a marriage, the theme of the elephant therefore represents all of these attributes in the relationship, and serves as a blessing of good will on the future journey of the couple.
Modern Gift Theme: Gold Jewelry
Gold jewelry represents wealth, personal power and good health.
Alternative Gemstone: Gold; Ivory; Moss Agate; Kunzite
Flower: Dahlia; (Substitute: White or Gold Rose)
The dahlia flower symbolizes dignity, grace and elegance; and on the 14th wedding anniversary, it signifies a bond and commitment that lasts forever, as a couple stand strong together with their moral values.
Popular Traditional Gift Ideas
• Ivory* bone frame or ivory-based gifts
• Donate to an elephant sanctuary
• Elephant-themed gifts (eg, elephant figurine or art print)
Popular Modern and Other Gift Ideas
• Gold jewelry (eg, necklace, pendant, ring, bracelet)
• Opal jewelry
• Moss agate, kunzite or ivory* jewelry as alternate gemstone options associated with the 14th wedding anniversary
• Gold-Dipped Eternity Rose (to represent the modern theme of gold jewelry associated with the 14th wedding anniversary)
• Pearl-White Glazed Eternity Rose (to represent the color ivory associated with the 14th wedding anniversary)
• Floral-themed gifts involving the dahlia (eg, art print, scented products such as candles or perfume, plant)
• Fresh bouquet of dahlias
* Ivory based gifts are generally less popular due to the endangerment of elephant populations
Have a look at the video of our Pearl-White Glazed Eternity Rose
Below are links to the next 5 anniversary gift themes: